Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial-Day Weekend

After an amazingly sunny and active weekend, I came home after work yesterday and slept for 12 hours. Whoa. I had no idea I was so sleepy but I guess my body was telling me something?

On Saturday, we spent the day in Ann Arbor and enjoyed the farmer's market, walking around downtown and getting mauled by people on the street so they could pet our blonde bombshell, Sasa. Z and I scored a new pair of summer sandals and in general we're all SO PUMPED for the summer. What do you expect? It's cold for 9 months out of the year in the state!

Our blond bombshell.

On Sunday, I caught up with one my oldest and dearest friends, Eliza who came over for a bbq. Earlier that day, however, I ran a 6-miler with the pup and Z on his bike and then took a quickie 6 mile bike ride with Z & Anna on the tandem. Liza came over just in time for us to wind down with a couple (maybe a few too many) of coronas. Since she's the closest bridesmaid (the rest are spread across the globe - CA, NY and the Philippines), I got a chance to show her the hideous dresses I expect the four of them to wear - JUST KIDDING!!

Memorial Day consisted of an epic bike ride (epic because Anna did it!) from our place to my parents' place about 9 miles down the road - and then of course, a long break for lunch - yum! Z & I did an out and back while Anna got a lift back home from her Lolo and Lola. We then dove right into some gardening and I literally, spent two hours pulling out and moving out rocks. Yep - previous owner had a rock garden of sorts and we're making them disappear. One rock and at a time. Yikes.

Our little girl.


There were rocks all over this flower bed before. Seriously.



Last week's workouts:

Mon: Day 1 of push-up challenge & Strength | Max push-ups after 4 sets: 8 + Strength Circuit
Tue: 3 miles | 32'11; 162 HR; 10'44 pace Ran after work around Bishop Lake - lots of bugs already. Eew.
Wed: Day 2 of push-up challenge | Max push-ups after 4 sets: 10
Thu: 2.8 miles | 32'33; 159 HR; 11'37 Neighborhood run with A & Z on tandem - super easy and fun run.
Fri: OFF
Sat: Day 3 of push-up challenge | 60 XT walk around A2 - Max push-ups after 4 sets: 12
Sun: 6 miles | 1'03'00; 164 HR - Super easy long run with Z & Sasa along river trail. Bike ride with Anna afterwards ~6 miles.

This week's training:
Mon: Stretch & Strength | 1'41'04 Bike ride 138 HR - Missed strength.
Tue: 4 miles | Missed!! Took a nap at 6pm pre-run and slept through the night!!
Wed (today): 4 miles | Week 2 Day 1 Push-Up Challenge
Thur: 3 miles + Strength
Fri: OFF
Sat: XT 1 Hour
Sun: 4-6 miles

My photographer is a little behind uploading pictures so stand-by :)

1 comment:

runnerinsight.com said...

Nice post this is! : ) keep them coming! Me too I sleep a lot if my mind calls for it! ; ) CUte dog and cute girl!