Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mid-Week Update

I guess it's not really mid-week any more, eh?

Despite a unseasonably crazy work week, I've managed to stick to my training plan. I missed my planned 35 minute cross train yesterday because of late night in the office but I made it up the following day. I'm trying to stick to the trianing plan and force that time into my schedule (:

Monday - Stretch & Strength
30 minutes of Yoga.

Tuesday - 3 Miles
32'15 | 5.0 TE | 166 HR | 10'40
I ran this on the treadmill and maybe because I was tired, it just seemed so...hard.

Wednesday - 30 min XT
MISSED!

Thursday - 2 Miles & Strength
22'14 | 3.8 TE | 167 HR | 11'00
35'00 | Walk along the river trail with Z & Anna on her bike.
Completed half of my circuit training but cut it short 'cause I needed to get into the office.

Friday (today) - OFF

Suunto's Training Effect function on my heart rate monitor is definitely helping me understand my slower than usual miles this week; Last week's long run - for now -- was fast for my current aerobic level.

Of course, at the time, it didn't feel like it at all - it was such a beautiful day and I ran along the river...etc. I really got into a zen-like groove and I didn't feel as thought my heart was working overtime.

Meanwhile, my mid-week runs are often run on a treadmill (for now), since I'm home alone with Anna in the AM and mentally they seem so much harder.

I'm just looking forward to progressing. It feels really good to back into running and I'm happy to take those 'cross training' walks. Still haven't quite gotten used to 'recovery' runs - I usually just go all out apparently, according to my numbers.

Favorite pics from our walk last night:


No comments: