Friday, June 5, 2009

No Go on NYC – Next Steps

Yesterday, I received the email:
Thank you for applying to run the ING New York City Marathon 2009. Unfortunately, you were not selected in the U.S. lottery drawing. Please understand that we have to limit the size of the field to ensure a top-quality experience, and I hope you get to experience it yourself one day!
That's totally fine. Now, I'm considering the Detroit full or half marathon but I'm going to shelf any ideas until I shake this COLD I'm having in the JUNE! I cashed out of work yesterday at 3pm after fighting an entire morning of the groggies and decided I needed to sleep. Besides, it was difficult for me to get anything done – at least, anything quality.

While I may need to derail a few runs this week, I'm sure it'll be for the best. May was a great month of running for me. I'm really happy that I achieved my goal of getting in 11-12 miles a week, completing at least 1 strength workout a week and finally, kicking some butt on the push-up challenge. To date, I have completed Week 2, Day 3 of the program (4 sets of 12, 13, 10 and 10 respectively) and then maxed out after four sets with 15 good form push-ups. It feels GREAT!

1 comment:

Zane said...

Yes! I hope you feel better soon honey. I am a direct witness to your extraordinary push-up feets! Keep it up :)