Monday, May 11, 2009

M-Day Weekend Wrap Up

I had an awesome Mama's Day weekend! Thanks to everyone who sent their well wishes


Mother's Day Squeeze

The main themes of the weekend included gardening adventures, a waterfront long run/ playtime and umm, Star Trek. Wow – pretty wild weekend, eh?

Z's company treated us to an afternoon at the theatre and afterwards, we ended up tearing apart our front yard attempting some serious landscaping. Surprisingly, it's been so much fun and quite the workout. I'm new to the world of home-owner and apparently, you have to do stuff like this to a certain extent whether you like it or not. Yikes.

On the running front, I'm pleased to report a great Sunday long-run along the river trail. Z & A followed came along with Anna on her new bike and Z encouraging her along. They're so funny together!

Since I haven't already started, I'm posting a wrap up of last week's training plan against my actual workouts. I need to better incorporate a strength regimen into this plan. Oops. Power yoga with Rodney Yee has been amazing – definitely check it out to mitigate soreness, increase flexibility and add a little extra strength training to your program.

Week 3 / 8.5 miles / 2:50:00 hrs

Day

Planned Workout

Actual

Avg Pace

Avg HR

TE

Time

Monday

Stretch & Strength

MISSED

    

Tuesday

2.5 miles

2.0 miles

10'45

169

4.2

21'28

Wednesday

35 min XT

35 min Walk - 1.9 miles

17'38

  

35'00

Thursday

2 miles & Strength

2.0 miles MISSED Strength

9'38

165

4.0

19'16

Friday

REST

REST

    

Saturday

50 min XT

50 min YOGA

   

50'00

Sunday

4 miles

4.5 miles

9'40

177

5.0

43'34

 

Totals

10.4 miles

   

2'49'18


 

Training Effect (TE) numbers are unique to my Suunto t3c, which so far, I've found to be really helpful. Clearly, from the numbers above, I've had one too many intense training sessions for my abilities. It doesn't necessarily FEEL that I'm working this hard but its probably because I'm in denial about what my system can take at this point. The below table is from Suunto's training guide.


No comments: