Saturday, May 2, 2009

Part II - Making a Comeback

It's been a year since I've last used this blog. A great example of the back and forth that I've had with running. For the past couple of months, I've struggled with my weight, fitness and general dilemma of hitting the freakin' pavement. Despite amazing strides and happiness in other areas of my life, things haven't been as holistic as I'd like.

Today, I'm optimistic.

Two weeks ago, I started Hal Higdon's 10K training program. On the one hand, it's been humbling assessing my current fitness level but on the other hand, I'm pleased with the progress I've been making. Aside from feeling great, I've already managed to drop a few pounds - shedding the winter blubber if you will.

Since I was absent from the blogsphere for the major part of 2008, here's the recap:
- I got engaged in August 2008
- I graduated from the University of Michigan
- I started a new dream job in Cleantech
- I also became a commuter & got a car - a Toyota Matrix we named, Neo :)
- I became a home owner
- I got the CUTEST golden retriever puppy for my birthday
- ...and I barely ran

Now, as I mentioned above, I'm back at it. I'm taking on the push-up challenge, watching my calories, squeezing in yoga every now and again, paying attention to runner-centric ab workouts and finding a healthy work/life balance. Oh, and I'm trying to be a good little wedding planner (:

Last week's quickie recap:
Run(Planned)7.50 mi
Run(Actual)7.50 mi
XC-Ski(Planned)0:30:00
XC-Ski(Actual)0:30:00
Walk(Planned)0:40:00
Walk(Actual)3:45:00

No comments: