Friday, May 8, 2009

Taking A Cue from the Bod

A few weeks ago I was struggling with some headaches. It was actually to the point where I considered going to the doctor. The ridiculousness of it all suggested to me that maybe I ought to just change up a few habits – especially since I had just started a new training routine.

Well, ladies and gentleman – it looks like I was drinking too much coffee. I admit it. I'm a coffee junkie.

Instead of quitting cold turkey, I decided to cut back to one cup every morning on my drive into work. Once I was in the office, I switched up my warm-drink-in-hand routine to Rooibos tea. And unsurprisingly, I have felt great all week. I mean, REALLY great – lots of energy and less sarcastic than usual. It's been great!

In keeping with my new found willingness to switch up some potentially bad habits – I've charged myself with drinking 8 glasses of water every day. I just started this new dare today so I'll keep you posted on my progress moving forward. In the meantime, the below stats represent a round-up of my workouts since I started Hal Higdon's 10K training program to get me back into decent aerobic form.

Just to summarize, moving forward I plan on:

  • Drinking less coffee, more tea (1 cup of coffee max)
  • 8 Glasses of Water Daily
  • Yoga or stretching routine 1-2 times a week
  • Strength Routine 2-3 times a week
  • Weekly Workout Round-Up


No comments: