Thursday, May 7, 2009

Memory Lane

It just occurred to me that I didn't run a single race in 2008 – which is fine except that I don't think I did a whole lot of running either. I started a new job, got engaged, and moved to a new house among the many life events and I guess, I didn't quite make the effort to fit it in.

After sifting back through this blog though, I noted the 3 races that I ran in 2007. It was the year I came back to running after Anna was born and I began to have a better school / life balance. Now, in 2009, I'm forging ahead with a better work / life balance. I'm noting these races here so I can aim to improve on them. I'm in the midst of planning a November 2009 wedding and you can imagine that getting in good form for the big day is on the list of To-Dos ;)

I ran each of the races below very casually – it was intimidating coming back to running after such a long time and I'm hoping that this year, I can really focus on getting back into shape and crushing the below times. Especially on the half, I recall running that with a friend and taking it VERY easy during that race. Looks like I'm putting the pressure on myself ;)

2007 Race

Pace

Time

5K

8:54

27:39

10K

9:20

57:55

Half Marathon

11:32

2:31:15


 

No comments: