Monday, August 6, 2007

Trust Yourself

In a world where reason and logic seem to get you where you need to go, it's easy to ignore those feelings that sit at the pit of your stomach.

Despite the effort. Despite the sincerity. Despite the love. Sometimes, the world is just as it should be when things are not right. Sometimes, the-best-in-you is not inspired by the circumstances. And the bigger person in you will always let go.

It's times likes these that allow us to be grateful for the relationships and moments in life that are in place. That do bring out the best in and inspire us. And that hopefully equip us with the tools to confront the difficult in life.

Through it all. Despite any pain and disappointment. I must always trust myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! It's probably the hardest thing to do, but having faith and trust in ourselves is so important!

peter said...

Mine honour is my life, both grow in one;
Take honour from me and my life is done.
Shakespeare in Richard II (1.1.185-6), Thomas Mowbray to King Richard

I wrote this many years ago in a scrapbook I compiled for my middle son, the most sensitive, somber and reflective of my three boys.