Sunday, August 12, 2007

Hang Over


To the left is a picture of our friends in San Pablo City, Laguna. NJ was a Fulbright fellow here in Michigan so of course, we had to go visit them on their stomping grounds. This picture was taken during the day -- before our day's adventure of white water rafting in Pagsanjan Falls. And BEFORE our night of debauchery.



It was my first time in San Pablo though I've been to Pagsanjan when I was younger. It's an out and back trip so you can just imagine what it's like to shoot UP the rapids. If you've never gone white water rafting Filipino syle, you AIN'T NEVER gone white water rafting...let's just say our guides are marathon ready and fearless. Either way, it's a beautiful trip and as usual, I took crazy pictures.


In the evening, we had more drinks than I've had all year at a very cute pub in downtown San Pablo. It turns out, after talking up the bartender/owner that the beautiful ambiance is due to his artistic filmmaker sensibilities. Good thing I noticed right away otherwise, I could have been in a dingy basement drinking and it wouldn't have mattered.

Of course it made sense to us to go for a run the next morning to 'sweat off the alcohol.' So, JJ took me on his 12K route around one of the seven lakes in San Pablo. It was beautiful. (Painful, but beautiful.)

He dragged me around at an 8:30 min/mil and was kind about all my complaining. Hey, the guy runs 40mpw! I doubt I've run 30 miles in the past month...

Good times. It was a great way to end my trip in Laguna. After hitting the showers, we headed back to Manila...

3 comments:

peter said...

Starting to get ready for your Half next month, I see. Great pictures!

Mike said...

Mia..wow, those pics are very cool...mother nature definitely provided some eye candy for your rafting trip - beautiful stuff, love the waterfalls!

Re: sweating off the alcohol, does that really work!? ;-)

Anonymous said...

the name is Dub City Cafe :) too bad i wasn't able to do the interview, hope to see you & tnx again...