Thursday, August 30, 2007

Gearing Up

It seems like there's no better way to end the summer than with a half-marathon. Despite the pain and inevitable humbling-experience, I'll be starting the new academic year with a 'bang', so to speak. Stay tuned.

I'll save it for a later post, but there is much to reflect on from these past couple of months. Needless to say, I am so grateful to have been back in Asia. The upcoming months and anticipation of big changes in my life is very exciting. Meanwhile, I'll bask in my being 'centered' for the first time in a while and make sure I exercise heroic time management skills :)

Here's a summary of my summer miles:

August: 27.9 Mi 4:29:59 hours
July: 18.5 Mi 2:55:17 hours
June: 50.9 Mi 7:52:08 hours
May: 58.1 Mi 10:47:32 hours

I can't wait to start catching up on my fellow running bloggers...thanks for keeping track of me, guys!

*Sending my best to all you fall marathoners*

P.S. Anna is about 2.5 years now and it's amazing that I can already predict a few of her future interests. She's a natural musician and dancer. *Shock* My musician brother is always impressed by her ability to sing songs in tune and how quickly she can pick up melodies in general.

Of course, she sees me run and play soccer so she's influenced by example :)

Take a look at my little runner.

4 comments:

peter said...

Welsome back and good luck at VA Beach!

Mike said...

Your lil Anna is a cutey!

Why do kids always have the perfect running form! ;-)

Unknown said...

good luck at your half! i'm sure you are going to do fine!! welcome back to the states : )

Anonymous said...

AHHHH, she's a doll!

Come run the RnR in Phoenix. Fast, flat. It is the one I am thinking of for the fall, so I may be partial. ;) Or, the Honolulu Marathon, which was my first choice, but expensive!

Good luck on your half!