Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Philippine Update

The 'training', you ask? I'm just glad I get out every once in a while for a 4-miler with this unrelenting and unforgiving heat. I guess that's what you get when you're in a country that is right at the equator...

It's taken about 45 minutes to upload these few photos so...you get what you get :)


Anna and I with her 'SUPER Lola' i.e. my dearest grandmother.



Nick and Anna pose in front of our famously recalled Virgin Mary statue in the yard of my Mother's childhood home. Poor Anna squints from the sun. Can you guess what religion we grew up with?!



Me and my cousin, Michelle have drinks with my brother, Nick, in Eastwood - a hip night life area of Manila.


I have yet to post pictures from my Dad's side of the family because of the slow connection speed I'm having right now but I did manage to get up a preview photos since I've been with the Javiers :)


The Javier House in Pasig, Manila.



A garden view from the Veranda, which is an outdoor living room. It's a bad photo but the house sits on a cliff and looks out onto the Marikina Valley.



Another garden view from the Veranda looking down on the first floor level. Across is a window of the Master suite.



Anna and I make a pilgrimage to the Jose Rizal Shrine in Intramuros, the old walled city of Manila established by colonial Spain but built by Filipinos.



We toured Intramuros via Karitela and made friends with our horse, Kiko (not pictured, unfortunately)!


Stay tuned for more photos and updates on runs once I get my stats uploaded form my iSports kit...

3 comments:

Arcane said...

good to see you're having a good time over there. Thanks for sharing the pics.

peter said...

Nice pix. Four miles in heat is no insignificant run. Keep up the good work. (My training has actually picked up a bit in the week since my encounter with the heat here in DC.)

Mike said...

Maa-booo-hiii Mia!
Nice pics- glad to see you are having a great time out there!