Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Amongst the Asians: Picture Update

I've managed to accomplish quite a few things in Taiwan so far:

1. Beat my jet lag and am now officially in 'Asian Time' :)
2. Completed two respectable runs
3. Survived the heat and humidity

Here are the stats for my runs:
Friday, 7/6 Distance 2.1 miles | Time 18:05 | 8:36 min/mile
Sunday, 7/8 Distance 2.16 mi | Time 18:27 | 8:31 min/mile

It's been really difficult to log these miles what with the DEATHLY heat and humidity here in Taiwan. I've been out in the mornings by 5:00am and I can honestly say that I'm worried for my health when I run (hehe). In fact, during the day, it's indoors for me and under the umbrella while out on the streets. And um, NO, I feel no shame walking around with an umbrella under the sun.

Some of you know that I'm training for a half marathon in September and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be pulling that race out of my ass. For now, I'm just happy that I'm able to hit the pavement and am hopeful that once I get settled in the Philippines (hotter still) and now that I'm over my jet lag it will be smoother sailing. (FYI I will literally be flying into the country and then running the race. Not the brightest of my ideas. *shrug* It will be grand!)


One of our many airport stops




The Grand Hotel in Taipei (i.e. NOT my hotel in Taipei)



On our way to the Palace National Museum in Taipei. Checking out the spoils of the KMT.



Some lovely palm trees that I ran past on one of my runs :)



A pic from Nick's wedding. I KNOW, I will post more later!



Anna and I blindly order food at a local restaurant. She's gotten REALLY good with chopsticks!

1 comment:

peter said...

Anna looks really cute at the wedding, what a great shot. Good job on your two short sharp runs. I'm coming back from an injury by running two-milers every day, not as fast as yours though. My sister spent a year in Taiwan studying and she spoke of the heat and humidity too.