Friday, May 18, 2007

Weekly Mileage Upkeep Revised

I've been trying to keep my weekly mileage steady until I feel ready for some hills and or speed workouts. When I feel good, I throw in some fartleks on Saturdays and if I'm feeling really good, I'll do a tempo run.

Mon: Rest/ XT
Tue: 8 miles @ 10:00mm
Wed: Rest/ XT
Thu: 3 miles @ 8:30mm & Strength
Fri: Rest/ XT
Sat: 5 miles TEMPO @ 8:55mm & Strength
Sun: 4 miles @ 10:00mm

So, as I sit here and type out my paces for my runs, I have to admit that I do so with a touch of disdain. Wow. Am I really that slow or is everybody else (at least those who blog) really that fast? Ah well. I always just chalk it up to a consistent (if not altogether debilitating) sense of unfulfilled ambition. I keep telling myself that I need to get my aerobic fitness up to par before I can start getting greedy with speed. Thank god for the Running Blog Family, at minimum, it keeps you humble!

4 comments:

4 Paws Animal Rescue said...

Mia, she (Anna) is absolutely gorgeous! I'm so glad I found your blog - been missing you!

Alison said...

Not just a fellow Michigan blogger but a fellow AA blogger -- yea! :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Optimistic said...

Interesting to know.