Monday, September 17, 2007

Two Week Update

Since the half-marathon at the beginning of the month, I've fallen back into a running schedule that I'm really happy with. My goal for now, is to build to a weekly mileage of 35mpw and then train for a winter or spring marathon.

The week after the race, I basically took it easy and let my body recover after the jolt of a 13.1 long run. So, the following Thursday and Friday of the race (Sept-6 and Sept-7), I ran an easy 3 miles on each day pushing Anna her jogging stroller. She weighs 31 pounds now so 'easy' is a relative term.

This past week, I completed 24mpw and it's been a confidence booster. I'm particularly pleased with the fact that the miles have not been stressful on my body and in fact, I feel fully comfortable with my ~10.7 mile long run yesterday. I completed it in 1:39:44. WOOT!

I'm taking advantage of runner's world new training log application and I'll post all of my miles up soon...

P.S. I found another running picture of Anna. Like, whoa.

2 comments:

peter said...

Eleven miles in 90 minutes, pretty fast. Anna looks fast in the photo, too. Look at the groove she has worn into the ground!

Mia said...

Whoa. I totally exaggerated my time. I ran 10.7 miles in ~1:39...

Ooop =)