Friday, June 29, 2007

Positive Mental Mojo

T minus three days until the big trip to the Philippines and I'm fighting to get over a COLD!! Too many sleepless nights during mileage buildup and injury rehabilitation and I guess you could say that I was asking for it. But I didn't ask for it, so all I can do now is stay positive.

That said, here are three positive Mia-thoughts to get my training-mental-mojo and general-mental-mojo in check:

1. On Tuesday, I ran an easy 3-miler at a 9:00min average pace. Despite the brevity of the workout, I accomplished my goal to keep my splits fairly even at around 8:58-9:00mm. And I did. Woot.

2. I'm really excited to see family (and go to my brother's wedding in Taiwan) and to do some Mia-style traveling and adventures since my jet-setting hiatus after having the BAMBINA. No more stressing about the logistics of traveling with a 2-year-old; this little girl is going to have a world view that elected leaders should have.

3. So far, this summer has been filled with precious moments with family and friends. Our time with my family in East Lansing and my friends (Anna's Titas, Titos & Uncaws) in Ann Arbor and those who have come back for visits from afar, life is good.

Not to jinx myself but since I'm finally starting to get better, I also have the possibility of running tomorrow as yet another happy thought but really, the below pictures says it all:

Anna's BFF.


One can only guess what our delinquent friends are doing here...but they never fail to put a smile on the face.


Stay posted all, I definitely intend on keeping you updated with the scoops. Just wish me luck on finding internet connections :)

4 comments:

peter said...

You have a full summer ahead of you. It's great you're getting to "go home again" and show it to Anna. From what Bex has told me about running in the Philippines, you should have an interesting experience.

Thanks for your thoughtful comment on my melancholy post when you wrote that you always use Anna as the ultimate person that you want to answer to and you want to be able to say honestly that you did everything that you could to champion her person. I think that's right, and that's why until each one turned 18 I always went by my sons' house for biweekly "visitation" and on holidays even though they never came out, hoping to show them by my actions (for later reflection in their lives, I guess) what a supportive father will do. I asked myself, What would I have wanted my Dad to do even while I was acting like that? The answer was, Ignore the slights and be there. That's championing the child, until they grow up.

Arcane said...

Have fun! I hope you've gotten over your illness.

Rhea said...

Cute photos! And have fun in the Philippines. Eat some halo-halo for me.

Unknown said...

have a great time!! i hope everything for your trip and brother's wedding go smoothly. and i hope anna enjoys it too!